Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Welcome TINY DIMPLES

What a beautiful design - and what a fun store! It's EVERYTHING BABY at Tiny Dimples. Whether you need a car seat cover, baby apparel, or safe toys - even nursery decor and bedding - Tiny Dimples has it. If you're having a baby, or know someone who is - they've got what you need for the perfect baby gift.

This was a great client, who knew what she wanted - and the site turned out great in my opinion. She's got a knack for carrying the right products, organized them properly, and also displayed them with a common theme and branding throughout the site. The site is usable, easy on the eyes, and packed of products to choose from.

Speaking of babies......

It hasn't been too long since I had my first baby, he'll be three September 1st. We just had a positive experience getting off the pacifier that I'd like to share with you guys - (if you're interested in something off the beaten path of websites and such.)





He'd had it the entire time - that is, the pacifier. The pacie, as he called it was a staple of all events - eating, sleeping, car, school. He was attached. Any mom whose kiddo is on the pacifier kinows this is a tough habit to break. Everyone said to try and cut off the end - that didn't work. Others said to try dipping it in vinegar or hot sauce. Now my kid loves salsa. (hot salsa too.)

He'd gotten pretty good about giving it up during the day, but night time was terrible - and the pacie was a must to get him to sleep and keep him that way.

One morning - right before his typical time to wake up - I looked at him as he slept. I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be great to lose this pacifier today?"

So, I reached down and unplugged it from my child while he was asleep. Just like that. Threw it in the garbage.

Then, I grabbed a prize, and ran back in to him.

A few moments later, he was waking up - and I was THERE. Of course, little hands feeling around for his small rubbery friend that was now in the kitchen trash can.

When he opened his eyes and began to ask me, I cut him off and said (loudly and excitedly) "WOW - You didn't have the pacie ALL NIGHT! What a BIG BOY! You get a surprise today for NOT having the pacie all night!" and I presented him with a dollar-store book.

He was a bit confused, but happy to get a surprise nonetheless, and when I just kept on about what a big boy he was - making a HUGE deal of the occassion, (calling in Dad to woo him on the event, calling the Gaga to tell her, and Aunt Kimmy) - he smiled and looked a little proud.

I told him that each night he went without it we'd give him another surprise in the morning.

This went on for about a week. Seven dollars later - we're paci-free.

Enjoy your babies, your blogs, and your websites - until next time!

No comments: